We’re thrilled to host manager/producer Lisa Callamaro’s intensive one-day seminar “The Business of ‘The Biz,'” which teaches writers, writers/producers, producers, filmmakers, or anyone interested in developing projects the tools they’ll need to further their IP and empower their career.
Lisa Callamaro has been an advocate and protector of writers in publishing and film for over 25 years, first as an agent and now a manager/producer with her company STORY & VOICE. She offers this workshop in the hopes of developing a community of collaborators — empowered and prepared to navigate the future of the industry.
What You’ll Learn
Whether you have an agent or not, Lisa’s seminar will empower you by helping you understand:
- Intellectual Property (IP)
- General terms used during contract negotiations
- How to protect yourself and your IP
- The types of agreements you should have between writing partners or producers/directors who want to shop or option your material
- The difference between managers and agents
- Some WGA rules that may surprise you
- How to create the best partnership with your representatives or how to get one if you aren’t represented yet
- How to prepare yourself for the collaborative nature of the business — both emotionally and contractually
- Date: Saturday, March 30, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: InterContinental Hotel, 2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles 90067.
- Price: Early bird ticket price $250 before March 4. Regular ticket price $275 until March 29. Purchase tickets on Eventbrite.
- Parking: Valet $20; ridesharing encouraged.
We hope to see you there!
Share this post
Founded in 1995, CineStory is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to educating emerging TV writers and screenwriters. It is not a talent representation service and does not manage and/or direct the development of writers’ careers, nor does it procure representation and/or employment for writers.